Saturday 13 April 2013

Apr 13

“…Why reason ye these things in your hearts?” Mark 2:8

Jesus is God, and He knows the thoughts and intents of our hearts! The critics of His day, not intending to challenge Him openly, reasoned in their own minds, their disagreements with the Lord’s words and methods. Thinking themselves safe, they soon found out their minds were being read like a book by our Lord! We may think that our thoughts remain private and unknown, but God is Omniscient, and even our most intimate feelings, opinions and beliefs, are open and visible to Him. He that created the mind and the heart of man, knows all that transpires within it. He sees and understands both the good things and the evil things that cross our consciousness and make their mark in us. It makes sense that we should be up-front and honest with God, with all our sentiments and attitudes! This is the reason why God is able to judge righteously, fully and effectively. He has all the facts! He remembers all the details, and has first-hand knowledge of all our motives! Some may resent such Divine ‘intrusion’, but ultimately, it is wise to remember that the Lord has the right to be in every part of our lives, and to know every detail. As the psalmist David suggested, there is no place we can ‘hide’ from God. He knew us before we were formed in our mother’s womb, and sees every place and action we attend to, and comprehends every particular of our mind and heart, even as we begin to form it! David adds: “Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.” God’s power and ability to ‘know us’, must not be seen as ‘scary’ or invasive. It is a great blessing and support in our lives that He does know us, as well as He does! It makes His love and care very personal and individual. That means there is Someone that understands me! It means I can come to Him in prayer and enquire from Him and receive direction I can trust. It means He is my closest Friend, wisest Counsellor, the best Option every time and my strongest life-long Ally! Jesus is truly wonderful! He is my Saviour and my God! The best thing I can do, is to be conscious of this Divine, Heavenly, Loving Guard of my soul, and make sure my heart and mind produce the pure thoughts and desires, which will please Him and keep me in right standing with Him.


http://www.pentecostalfamilychurch.com.au/devotion

No comments:

Post a Comment